Monday, November 24, 2008

39...Again

Dear Alice,

I have been trying really hard to follow in your footsteps, to age gracefully. I don't know that it will ever happen, since most of the time I am only 30 or so in my head. Maybe this is a good thing. I don't see any wrinkles on my forehead (at least not early in the morning, before I put my glasses on). There is not much more to say except that birthdays have always been a wonderful thing for me. Usually there is a turkey dinner associated with my day, and I get calls and emails from very dear friends, and from children scattered far and wide. That is the best part. Since Thanksgiving this year is late, Scott and I enjoyed a wonderful whitefish entrèe with dried cherries and shiitake mushrooms. Dessert was a flourless chocolate torte with raspberry coulis, something I would love to be able to share with you.

What a perfectly lovely, snowy day! These ladies were wondering why I wasn't in my 'old' office today.
Nancy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had never thought of the picture that way. They were lost, wondering where the queen had gone... Much love all the way from the pacific west mother. xoxoxo
-stew