Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Last Day of September

Autumn Sunrise at LA

Dear Alice,
The last day of September is Scott's birthday, so this evening we went for dinner at Weber's. He had a seafood combo (very nice for someone who loves all seafood) and I chose the scallops with sautéed vegetables, which included dried tomatoes. Delicious!

Today I halved a half peck of tomatoes and put them in the dehydrator, so soon we will have our own stash again. 'Tis the Farmers' Market again tomorrow morning, so I will pick up another 1/2 bushel of tomatoes for canning. Did I ever show you my pressure canner? It is clearly an antique!Tomatoes, potatoes...we picked up our order of 110 pounds of spuds at the Traverse City Farmers' Market on Saturday. 30# of Yukon Golds, 20# of Adirondack Blues, 20# of Red-skinned Whites, and 40# of Russets. Mr Westmaas also handed us a few of his new variety Adirondack Reds, which have a pink flesh.
I have almost finished the last of the three scarves that I have been working on since the painted warp group (see Sept. 20). Here is the last one which will be finished early tomorrow morning.

I was really surprised to see the Hummingbird at the feeder again tonight. A new record? We haven't had any frost yet....

Nancy

No comments: