Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Silence is Golden

Dear Alice,
It has been several days since you last heard from me...it is not that I haven't been thinking of you. Sometimes Life gets in the way. I did at least get one letter written to Suzy, and a postcard off to Roger from San Antonio. His socks are finished (last week in San Antonio). DH has modeled them for me since I fear they would hang sloppily from my own feet. The decision to have a heart on one or both soles was made unconsciously, since I forgot to pack the red yarn to knit the heart on sole #2.




No matter. I think it is more fun to have just one heart appearing when propping one's feet up for a rest.








But, otherwise, don't they look really conservative?







So what has been happening in this Golden Silence (aside from the fact that I have rarely had any truly Golden Silence in the past thirteen days)? First we went to San Antonio to watch Suzy graduate from her USAF Basic Training. A tearful reunion, since we all missed her tremendously....








She had Town Passes Friday afternoon and Saturday all day, so we enjoyed the Riverwalk and Mexican food, Fiesta and loud music everywhere. Saturday we all took in the boat ride, and yes, more Mexican food! For us Michiganders it was a tough two days of adjustment to the heat at 86 degrees. Hot food will cool you down, right?









After siblings and spouses flew back home, Scott and I stayed for more days of Botanical Gardens, The Lady Bird Johnson National Wildflower Center, more gardens, and sightseeing. I'll send along photos of the others as soon as they are developed. For now I will stop...many more things to do and I don't want to bore you with the details.

I hope all is well,
Nancy

2 comments:

JuJu said...

Ohh, Nancy, I love the socks!! I love the one little heart. Reminds me of a childhood story Great Aunt Gracie had, I think? The little character wore a heart on his shirt to keep him from being afraid of everything. Now I have Jesus in my heart, so He takes care of the fears! The socks look very conservative, yet interesting for your talented eye. I didn't vote...I would have voted conservative, not happy sox!! But look how they turned out, a work of love! How you get 'er done is beyond me! Love, Julie Annie

Cousin Alice said...

Nancy, I love the happy socks, especially the single heart on the bottom. I gotta call Roger to make sure he wears them for his next chemo treatment.
Cousin Alice