Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Siftings

Dear Alice,
April has been flying by. The weather has changed so quickly to gorgeous, every type of spring flower comes up one day and blooms the next, and there are just a lot of different things going on. First there was the Jason Collingwood
workshop scheduled for the first weekend. The next week was election inspector training, then an informational meeting on the next phase of Jackson Road,


Spinners' Flock (Amy Singer and Jillian Moreno were there!),


and of course—tax time. Last week was filled with meetings every evening. The Fiberarts guild Spring Fashion show/luncheon/sale was Saturday, and the jacket that Rebecca & I worked on together was on the runway. Sadly, the photo I quickly snapped came out awfully blurry, though Karen did a lovely job of modeling the jacket.

And today I went to the last of the Waterman Alumnae luncheons for the 2007-08 season; today's speaker was Tom Gjelten, correspondent for NPR, and author of a new book on Cuba, due out in September.

I have finished sock #1 of the R S Fair Isle socks. Sock #2 only lacks the foot and toe, something that could be done during a flight to Texas later this week. I put a heart on the sole of #1 and am wondering if only one heart makes sense. I don't know if I should put one on the sole of sock #2 yet or not....

I had a ball of yarn for each sock, and that little bit next to the sock is all I had left from ball number one. Let's hope I get through sock #2!

Siftings? Let's just say that there have been many, many ingredients being funneled and sifted through my experience this month with more yet to come!

Let's talk soon,
Nancy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nancy,
I just discovered your blog. It's great!

I *love* those socks. Did you embroider the heart on the sole or is there some magic way to knit one in? (I'm assuming you were knitting in the round.)


Stef

Nancy JC said...

Hi Stef!
Thanks for stopping by!

Yes, I did knit the heart into the sole (I can't decide...should I continue calling the sox R.S. fair Isle or Heat & Soul?) and this is one reason that I haven't decided to put one on the second sock. I had to carry the yarn all the way around...and then knit the red in the next row. It could have been duplicate stitch, but I'm not so good at 'after the fact' things.

Your blog looks like fun, too! I will visit more when the funneling and sifting stops (early May!)

Nancy
ps. LOVE Treasure Mart. DH & I furnished our home w/ antiques and TM finds.

Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy-
I think a single heart would be appropriate, and I love the 'Heart and Sole' idea!
JeanHos