Sunday, April 6, 2008

Day 2, Dances with Looms


Hi Alice,
It has been a couple of days of direct tie-up, though Ellen and I knew we had extra treadles and extra hooks and could do a little faster footwork. ;)


Today was again another intense day, as always is the case with Jason Collingwood. What a lot of information he put before us...and some hours to catch up to what we hadn't tried yesterday, as well as trying out new things today! This afternoon we got to clasped wefts, a fun technique that is a great one to know for your weaving repertoire.



I have been working with red & green—colors that I want to see used at LA, so it is not really a Christmas weaving, it is cottage weaving.


And, do I look a little burned-out? Mary has asked me to help with all the things she does when putting on a workshop for the guild! It really is fun, and there is a lot to do! I think I needed some dark chocolate just then.


One more day...tomorrow we start "shifting shafts". And then we shall be on our own again to continue to experiment and keep trying new things. As you have said, weaving can keep you young!

I hope your spirits are up,
Nancy

No comments: