Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Jumping for Joy!

Yippeeee! Alice! I can finally start the colorful, happy sox that I promised myself, oh, about a month ago, to create for my cousin. I finished up the top secret project early Sunday morning, so Sunday afternoon I was able to cast on the R. S. Fair Isle sox. They got the royal treatment with a two color braid at the top, and the top 5 inches or so of the cuff will be a Fair Isle pattern from the sleeves of an Annabelle Fox sweater I knitted a few years ago. It was such fun that I tried it on a pair of sox that eventually Courtney received for her birthday one year.

It is hard to put down because I love to see the colors coming together. Here is the pattern and how I set up the yarns:


Monday, I was a little under-the-weather, but I could sit and knit, so I made a bit of progress. The silky knit is the base, background color, and below the cuff of his trousers, all should look conservative and staid. (Though I am thinking about putting hearts on the soles...should I?)




...and, oh. Whose knitting chair is this anyway?

2 comments:

DollyDumpling said...

As you know Nancy, I like quirky things. Put those hearts on the socks!!!

Anonymous said...

i so love my socks of a similar pattern that i received so many birthdays ago!

but will it be sad if the hearts on the soles are the first thing to get worn out?