Wednesday, March 5, 2008

There is Hope


Hi Alice,
There is hope that Spring will truly come. This is enough to pick one's spirits up significantly! Hamamelis vernalis...cut from the back garden on Sunday afternoon, late. By dinnertime with all the children, the little buds had expanded significantly. Today, sitting in the south-facing window it was especially fragrant. I love how the fragile, little strap-like petals can put out such a delightful perfume, and many folks will never ever see them. Delightful!

I visited with Charles at Forma this afternoon and bought another cone of 'Seabreeze' rayon. So! must rush off to finish the last 75 threads.

Thinking of you,
Nancy

1 comment:

DianeSchuller.com said...

I saw some of this shrub when I was at Butchart Gardens. I didn't realize it's fragrant ... I love any plant that is fragrant -- beats those artificial scents all to heck doesn't it?

Diane