Wednesday, March 12, 2008

More Signs

Dear Alice,

At lunchtime today when I walked out to the mailbox, I heard a Sandhill Crane overhead! That has got to be a good sign that Spring is really going to come this year. They gather by the thousands at Phyllis Haehnle Preserve near Jackson every autumn as they wend their way southward. I missed seeing him/her/them since I didn't look up fast enough. I only thought "what is that weird bird call...Oh! yes!" and then it/they were gone. The Haehnle website has an interest fact page all about the cranes.

It has already been a week since I last posted. I have felt pulled in too many directions, and really haven't accomplished anything (much). However, I did finish spinning and plying the Moody Blues yarn that is for my cousin's colorful sox. Isn't it the best?
Contrast that (yes, a little color lesson on complementaries!) with the Clivia that has been blooming it's heart out! I have several plants that I split from the mother three years ago, so we get a blast of this beauty when we walk through the sunroom, and another snippet of color when we are in the dining room. The one in the dining room is starting to send up another stalk of blossoms (and is promised to my friend Ginny for her new sunroom when she has recovered a little more).



Much to do...I am still working on the Top Secret project, I have things to finish up before Sunday when the Fiberarts Guild has a jurying session for the upcoming Fiber Feast in April. Saturday is the Dexter Pioneer Arts Fair, and I promised to help by demonstrating at Mary U's booth (if I can get there before the end of the day, since I am also scheduled to do my civic duty that day as well, as a Board of Review member).

I hope you are doing well. Thinking of you daily,
Nancy

No comments: