Monday, March 31, 2008

Second Sock Syndrome

...or this is how I overcame Second Sock Syndrome. Have two sets of matching needles: start the second sock right after finishing most of the cuff of sock #1. This helps me tremendously since I often have too many other projects going at the same time, and it is easy to lose (or rather, fail to take along) the instructions if doing a new-to-me sock (like the time I finished a picayune rib at Christmastime and I was in Minnesota, not Michigan. The book with the Vickel braid, which was the next detail, was at home.)

These are coming along pretty quickly, given that I started them on Easter Sunday. Both cuffs are now done, and the rest is mindless rib 'til I get to the heel, and this pattern is firmly ensconced in my mind. It has become a take-a-long, or something to knit whilst watching tv.

No comments: