Thursday, February 7, 2008

Spinning, spinning, spinning

Dear Alice,

It really is time to get those warp threads chosen for the two projects I have in mind; it is so easy to dream of what they might be while I spin. I'm still working at the 15 minutes per day goal, and here is the first 25 gms. of Buffalo down! Fini! You can also see the second 25 gms., so maybe within a week I will have it all spun, washed and set! The last time I spun up 50 gms. of Buffalo down, I wove two beautiful men's scarves. I am very tempted to do exactly the same warp combination. Since I have good records, the warp would be easy to duplicate. Scarf #1 had entirely buffalo weft, scarf #2 had a mix, since it was a shadow weave. It could have been cashmere the way it felt. Yummy! I'll keep you posted on what I decide to do. In the meantime, here is the photo of the singles still on the bobbin, with the 25 gms. remaining behind. I should mention that this lovely, downey fuzz came from Wild Rose Fibres, in Canada. Wild Rose Fibres was my source a few years ago, so when an email arrived saying that they had more Buffalo Down in stock, I couldn't resist. The dollar was much better back then. Excellent service!



Sock #1 for Mom's Valentine's day present is finished, washed, and being blocked! I have about 4 more inches to go on sock #2. Here's #1!



That's all for now.

Nancy

p.s. No, the sun never did shine today. :(

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hi Nancy,

It was nice to meet you today at the Spinner's Flock meeting and to see your beautiful sock in person....oh yes and of course to feel it! It truly is gorgeous!!!
Thought I would drop by and say hello.
My blog is shelena1364.blogspot.com if you want to take a look....I'm not great at keeping up with my posting but I try when I can LOL
Talk to you soon,
Michelle
aka MaddiwoodFarms on Ravelry