Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Spring Snow

Oh, JOY! Today was my first visit to our new tea shop in town...TeaHaus! I was looking for 1001 Nights, the type my sis sent from Wichita, but alas! it was not to be. I came home with 'Arabian Nights' and tested it right away. Green and black tea/sunflower/jasmine/rose blend. Very nice, and a rather wonderful selection teas. It reminded me much of my first favorite tea shoppe House of Tea in Philadelphia.

We have once again gotten another lovely dump of snow, (photo at 7 a.m. yesterday)
but this is nothing like the up-north snow. The Leland Report
indicates that Leland, MI has had 124 inches total so far this season! DH and I can attest to that, since we worked hard to remove layer upon layer of snow, packed, melted, and heavy, from the boats.

It is about time that I report here on some progress with weaving projects. I contemplated the mint green Border Leicester/Mohair blend for several days when I hit upon using a color combination similar to those in a table cloth that I have enjoyed for years. Here is the initial wrapping:


Left to right the yarns are a natural wool boucle to be used in the weft, silk (Treenway Silks) from the stash, a teal wool from the stash, periwinkle rayon chenille, another little variegated cotton/nylon boucle originally from the Yarn Barn, a beautiful pale mint rayon (I'll call it seafoam), and the last is the handspun BL/mohair blend. I plan to use the natural bouclè and the mohair blend in the weft. Doesn't that look like SPRING?!!

So! here are the first 100 threads on the warping board. If I'm good, I will go finish up measuring out the remaining 275 yet tonight and start dressing the loom tomorrow.



Spring is coming. I know it. Yesterday's snowstorm smelled like spring. The cardinals are calling their mates every morning. More evidence (the clivias started blooming while we were away!):







And March comes on Saturday!

1 comment:

itsme said...

I've been to TeaHaus on N. 4th in Ann Arbor. I've had the Arabian Nights too and it was wonderful. I am looking forward to trying more of their teas soon. It will be fun to choose from their huge selection. Good luck with your weaving project.